Privacy & Security
Solent Yamaha needs to collect and use personal data about people including past, present and prospective customers in order to carry on its business and meet its customers' requirements effectively. We recognize that the lawful and correct treatment of personal data is very important to successful operations and to maintaining our customers' confidence in ourselves.
Any personal data which we collect, record or use in any way whether it is held on paper, on computer or other media will have appropriate safeguards applied to it to ensure that we comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 ("Act"). We fully endorse and adhere to the eight principles of Data Protection as set out in the Act. These principles state that personal data must be:
1. Fairly and lawfully processed
2. Processed for specified and lawful purposes and not in any other way which would be incompatible with those purposes
3. Adequate, relevant and not excessive
4. Accurate and kept up to date
5. Not kept for longer than is necessary
6. Processed in line with the data subject's rights
7. Kept secure
8. Not transferred to a country which does not have adequate data protection laws.